Today we celebrate our independence and freedom as a nation.
This year I've thought a lot about freedom. In just three days I will board a plane to return to Cambodia and live there indefinitely. I will minister to children and families who are living under heavy oppression. Financial oppression, spiritual oppression, societal oppression. . . and I could go on and on. But amidst the oppression, I hear one word.
FREEDOM
I feel my job is to cry "Freedom!" for these ones that feel they have no voice. I am to fight for freedom for them. My greatest hope is that they will be free and live in the freedom that comes from the Lord.
"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?"
Isiah 58:6
I am inspired by this freedom. I want to see it poured out on the people I minister to. I want freedom. I believe in the freedom for the oppressed. I believe in a freedom not even imagined in this world. Freedom that is rooted in the knowledge and life of Christ. Freedom that is available to everyone, everywhere. Freedom that is not limited by nation or age or gender. Freedom that is worth fighting for and worth telling others about.
So, let us rejoice in this day of independence and freedom. Let us join with the Father's heart and declare freedom for his precious ones. Join with me in prayer and spirit and in one voice shout, "FREEDOM!" Know that your prayers are heard. As we join together with our prayers of freedom we will see the yokes broken. I can't wait to share with you the many stories that will come from this freedom cry.
Dear Warriors, there is no reason to hold back.
FREEDOM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment