So, I have quickly realized that I should not have titled my last entry "big news" because this one is even bigger.
I first want to start off by apologizing to any of you that have been anxiously waiting for my next blog entry. Things have been very busy. There have been many changes for me in life. Because of timing, I have needed to hold my tongue (or in this case my fingers) a little until I was able to talk about them.
So here they are. . .
1. I am a new mommy! Well, not exactly, but some days I feel like one. Let me explain. My roommate Alli has been praying to adopt a baby for years. Almost two weeks ago, an opportunity to adopt was presented to her. She met with the birth mother and ended up taking home the 5 week old baby that night. What a surprise! There are many legal proceedings that must take place before the US acknowledges the adoption or allows her to leave the country. Alli's little baby girl is named Isabella Ruth Mellon. I have been trying to help Alli and support her in this new mommy role. I am quickly falling in love with little Bella Mellon as she is sweet and beautiful and such a joy to have at home. Please pray for the legal side of the adoption. We believe this child has been given to Alli, however many people say she will never be able to get a visa to visit the US. Pray that government officials would grant a visiting visa for Bella so she can see her family in the US.
2. I have decided to come home in June. I'm still unsure of the exact date but will let everyone know when I know. The reason I'm coming home early is because. . . I'm coming back to Cambodia! I have committed to teach Kindergarten for a year starting in August. I'm very excited. The way the job offer came about was a complete surprise and a work of the Lord. The Lord continues to show me that my time in Cambodia is not up. Working at the schools will open many new doors for ministry as well as answer some specific prayer requests. Also, I will be teaching only in the morning so I will still be able to work in Svay Pak.
All of these changes have left me in a little bit of a whirlwind. I can't believe that my three month outreach has turned into this! I'm doing what I love. I'm hearing from the Lord and caring for his little ones in ways I never knew I could. I'm amazed and my heart is filled with praise for the grace and leading of the Lord. The Lord has shown me tremendous favor while here. He has met every need and grown everyone of my dreams.
Thank you to all of you who have walked with me during this season. I hope that as you read these words you can rejoice with me in the provision and blessing of the Lord. I pray for you all and hope to visit you next month.
May the Lord bless you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sweet Ruthi!
Can't wait to see you in June...this is all good news and we are so jazzed about the new developments in your life!
Love those kids for us!
Wow, Ruthi,
I ran across your blog today in my "favorites" and was pleased to see that you are still writing. I love what God is doing in your life. It's so exciting to read about. Blessings to you and praying for the adoption. Ps. What a sweet name!
Love,
Breanne (Beadle) Zapien
Post a Comment